MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Who Repped My Post? 1.0.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2014-05-14, 11:33 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of adding this to My Alerts? I currently use Tomms Post Rep, but I need to swap that out now Tomm is no longer maintaining MyNetwork. I like a lot about Post Rep (the one click rep giving with no comment) and it does integrate with MyAlerts but does not link to the post actually repped, but the rep report.

I think ajaxified and linked to MyAlerts with the link to the post this would be a perfect replacement.

Here's hoping Shy

To be clear (because I don't use any of the plugins you listed) are you asking that I add an AJAX-ready 'quick rep' button to this plugin that integrates with MyAlerts along with the current functionality?
Pretty much yea Big Grin

The way the Post Rep works is you click on an image of plus or minus in the postbit and it updates the reputation number in the postbit instantly with no page refresh. You can then click on the number in the postbit and you get a popup of who "repped" the post. I dont like the mybb popup window though, I prefer your approach.

Then, you get an alert that X repped your post. The only thing is the link takes you to the rep page, not the post. That is clunky to me.

Adding picture - I click on the heart and it gives the rep. I only allow plus rep.
It sounds fun (and like something I would use myself) so I have no doubt that I will experiment to that effect. I'll download Post Rep myself today and play around with it.

However, with changes like that, it really kind of sounds like a different plugin than 'Who Repped My Post?' . . . I might have to rename . . .
Thanks Wildcard, I will look forward to it Big Grin

Edit: How about Instant Rep Monitor?
Sounds similar to SimpleLikes, but with rep points instead of the like count Wink
Yes, and knowing Wildcard, using Prototype not jQuery Wink

After the very long wait for 1.8 and native jQuery I am glad that MyAlerts came with a prototype option. Otherwise that would be a year at least of loading two libraries.

Why have two systems on the same board with very very similar functionality? Better to extend the rep in my opinion; perhaps one day it will make it to core.
(2014-05-15, 04:48 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds similar to SimpleLikes, but with rep points instead of the like count Wink
(2014-05-15, 04:59 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, and knowing Wildcard, using Prototype not jQuery Wink

* Wildcard lulz

But you are both right. Big Grin

* Wildcard chants 'Prototype' over and over . . .
Pages: 1 2