MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disallow supermoderators to change member in specific usergroup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm running a forum for a guild I'm in.
This guild have an Union/Alliance now (which is with another guild).

I will immigrate this guild into the forums, so they have access to their own forums and my guild have access to our own forums (hiding forums from eachother via the group permission option on the forums), also having a union/alliance forum that all members in any of these guilds can see/write in.

Anyway, I wanna make this guildmasters to admins. But I don't want them to be able to change usergroups on the other guilds members, only on their own members and on registered people (guild-less people who just joined forum and are about to apply to any guild).

Simply like this if using $ as a variable.

Registered (no guild at all) = $0
My guild = $1
Their guild = $2

Guildmaster/supermoderator of $1 cannot change people who have a usergroup in $2, and guildmaster/supermoderator in $2 cannot change people who have a usergroup in $1.

Guildmaster/supermod in $1 can ONLY change peoples usergroups who are in $1 or are in $0

Guildmaster/supermod in $2 can ONLY change peoples usergroup who are in $2 or are in $0.

Any way I can do this?

I noticed by a test account that I made to guildmaster/supermod $2, that I couldn't change my administrator account (myself who running the forum), BUT I could change usergroup on the guildmaster/supermod $1 plus all other members at $1.

Any fix for this?

I HAVE AN IDEA!

But I don't know HOW to do it..

For those usergroups, like
$2 members group, I will make the supermod to leader of this group.
Then people can just request to join it (or if it's possible to just put user into it without needing access admincp?), and this supermod can accept the ones he want and that's it!

Then this supermod wont be able to change any other members usergroup or whatsoever, and it is even safer forum where if anybody would be evil or would be hacked or something, users wouldn't be able to get deleted or changed usergroups etc.

Problem is I don't know where to accept when someone make a join request? I made test account, but really nothing appear nowhere when I apply on a new account while I'm also on my leader account in another browser.

Ok I found the way, problem is that when they join, it doesn't get into the primary group... so it kinda doesn't affect the way they see the forums Confused
It actually will. You have the alliance forums visible to registered, and the other two guilds are members of usergroups which can only see their own forums.