MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

i am not a MyBB owner right now but i am looking the different possibility i have. I am wondering if we can integrate mybb with an user database that we already have on MySQL. Is there a way to force mybb to use the user table and fields we have ? Or sharing Session variables with our actual login system ?

Thank you,

Pierre Belanger
It would be difficult to do that. You would need to change all the references to mybb_users to your users table, and mybb_sessions to your sessions table, and modify those tables so that MyBB can correctly use them (ie. passwords correctly encrypted, the column names must be the same as MyBB uses, etc).
You can use the MyBB plugin system to share most data between the two softwares. As Dennis said, however, MyBB uses a very unique hashing algorithm for passwords.

With the plugin system, you can also create / delete additional cookies, so your users won't have to log in twice.