MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Enable OpenDKIM and postfix refuses to send
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK... I KNOW I have OpenDKIM set up correctly (I can use terminal via SSH and send email all day long and it goes out and is signed).
As soon as myBB tries to send any registration email I get the dreaded
milter-reject: END-OF-MESSAGE from localhost[127.0.0.1]: 4.7.1 Service unavailable - try again later
in my postfix mail.log. Right after that I send an email using mail in a terminal on the server and it sends fine.

If I disable OpenDKIM it sends the mail fine. This same setup is working great on 3 other VPS's that are hosting XenForo sites so I'm pretty sure it's not a misconfiguration in postfix/OpenDKIM as they send their mail fine.

The sites are running on a VPS with 4GB RAM that I have configured on my server and system resources are WELL in the low range of use. VPS is a Debian Wheezy setup.

Anybody else run into this type of error?

EDIT:
OK... it also will work fine if a user send an email via the profile - so it's NOT a misconfiguration and appears to be something screwy in the myBB PHP mail process that it uses for the registrations.
Looks like it may be a permissions error. Have you added postfix to the dkim-kilter group?

Also, take a look at this and see if it applies: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrat...-data.html

I've not used OpenDKIM I'm afraid so I can't be much more help.
(2014-05-07, 06:46 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like it may be a permissions error. Have you added postfix to the dkim-kilter group?

Also, take a look at this and see if it applies: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/administrat...-data.html

I've not used OpenDKIM I'm afraid so I can't be much more help.

I fixed the problem... in a hackish way. I just ended up creating individual VPS's for each forum and installed them there. One per VPS and the OpenDKIM seems to do fine. <shrugs shoulders>
Oh well, at least it's sorted.