MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [HELP] Deleted 2,000 threads by Accident
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Deleted 2,000 threads by accident. What to do and an efficient way?

Is the undo plugin really work and has no vulnerability for the future?

Also is it possible to take it from the old database and restore them all?

I need a solution. Smile
(2014-05-07, 06:27 AM)Prediction Wrote: [ -> ]Deleted 2,000 threads by accident. What to do and an efficient way?

Restore a backup.

(2014-05-07, 06:27 AM)Prediction Wrote: [ -> ]Is the undo plugin really work and has no vulnerability for the future?

Undo Delete works fine.

(2014-05-07, 06:27 AM)Prediction Wrote: [ -> ]Also is it possible to take it from the old database and restore them all?

You could try import the old database somewhere new, then export all the deleted threads to a file, you could do this through PHPMyAdmin as it has an export ability for query results.

Queries would be:
SELECT * FROM `mybb_threads` WHERE `tid` IN (1,2,3,4,5);
SELECT * FROM `mybb_posts` WHERE `tid` IN (1,2,3,4,5);
Replace 1,2,3,4,5 with a list of the deleted threads.
Run those two queries separately/one at a time in PHPMyAdmin and down the bottom in Query Results Operations select Export and use the default options.

Take the two exported files and import them in to your actual site database (I'd take a backup before doing this). Once that is complete you'll need to recount forum totals/stats and possibly rebuild some of the caches.

That should work
The list of deleted threads - that would be all threads... So if 2000 threads, he'd need to know the TID of all of them and enter them there? I'm just curious...
Honestly, take a restore point. Otherwise, I don't think you are getting them back. My undo-delete works fine.
(2014-05-07, 02:46 PM)Alexander Evans Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, take a restore point. Otherwise, I don't think you are getting them back. My undo-delete works fine.

I heard that if I take the threads from the old database and put them in the new one, it would mess up.

Anyone can confirm this that it would mess up?
If so, I'll put an old backup and I will install undo-delete.

Does undo-delete restore all the threads for future accidents like this?

Is there a limitation in the plugin?
Cameron's post solves the issue.