MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What is the biggest file you ever downloaded, and what speed was the internet?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm downloading (right now) 42.8 gigabytes on a 25 mbps per second download internet connection.
Probably COD Black Ops, 16 Gigs something total on crappy college Internet. Don't know the exact speed.
Geocities (641gb), over about 5-6 months. The Internet Census data (568gb), over 3 months or so. 70gb of shortened URLs. Titanfall (50gb).

I've also contributed to group efforts for archiving large sites that are shutting down, that has resulted in me alone downloading several terabytes worth of data within weeks on multiple occasions.

Yeah, I have a lot of junk data lying around.
I rarely download anything over 4GB. The last biggish file I downloaded was the Ubuntu 14.04 desktop ISO (+/- 1GB). I downloaded it within 5 minutes.
Server (400 Mbps premium),
70 Series of anime, 830 GB.

Home (8 Mbps),
COD at 21 GB, took 3 days <.<
I recently downloaded Marvels Heros what was just over 12 Gig, I was dowloading it at 5-7MB/s
136mb with download speed of 64kb/s Smile
(2014-05-08, 03:19 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]Geocities (641gb), over about 5-6 months. The Internet Census data (568gb), over 3 months or so. 70gb of shortened URLs. Titanfall (50gb).

I've also contributed to group efforts for archiving large sites that are shutting down, that has resulted in me alone downloading several terabytes worth of data within weeks on multiple occasions.

Yeah, I have a lot of junk data lying around.

Why would you download Geocites and the internet census data
Because I had the storage space and I could.
Server 2012R2 on DSL.
Pages: 1 2