MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change expcolimage to CSS Code
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. I'm working on my theme and forum on WAMP as I'm not a Guru yet.
I got this question. How can I change the expcolimage to custom CSS code? I want to use FontAwesome. So - How to replace the image with FontAwesome?

[Image: xzwgCYQ.png]

At this moment my forumbit_depth1_cat looks like this:
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">
<thead>
<tr>
<td class="thead" colspan="5">
<div class="expcolimage"><i class="fa fa-bell" id="cat_{$forum['fid']}" class="expander" alt="{$expaltext}" title="{$expaltext}"</i></div>
<div><strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong><br /><div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}</div></div>
</td>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody style="{$expdisplay}" id="cat_{$forum['fid']}_e">
<tr>
<td class="tcat" colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_forum}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_threads}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="85" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_posts}</strong></span></td>
<td class="tcat" width="200" align="center"><span class="smalltext"><strong>{$lang->forumbit_lastpost}</strong></span></td>
</tr>
{$sub_forums}
</tbody>
</table>
<br />

So I get the image - It doesn't do anything when clicked.
the code for the collapse is hardcoded to look for an img src. You would need to edit the general.js to "fix" it, or use jQuery. Look in the tutorials for using jquery in your forum.