MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Help] How to stop some malicious people from cracking passwords
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Someone has the database and even if we change our passwords, they manage to get in it by cracking the passwords or something. ( One account keep getting hacked even if we change the password)

Is there a way to resolve this?

I would appreciate.
Logging in as another user requires the loginkey. I'm pretty sure that gets changed when the password is changed (Makes sense for it to, seeing it is as equally important/valuable). Maybe you could try manually changing it in the database for that affected user?
(2014-05-08, 03:17 AM)Cameron:D Wrote: [ -> ]Logging in as another user requires the loginkey. I'm pretty sure that gets changed when the password is changed (Makes sense for it to, seeing it is as equally important/valuable). Maybe you could try manually changing it in the database for that affected user?

ALL the users password which is in the database got leaked... They just target the staff accounts... But yeah we can. I would like to make it for all the users.

Is there a possible way?
What database you use? Elaborate some - is it forum user passwords being leaked and cracked or is it the actual passwords to the database?

If it is the first one, change your database password and reflect the change in inc/config.php.
If probably remove those accounts and re-add them, I'd also change the emails if possible and re-asses the plugins you have
If someone wants to contact you in order to give you a large sum of money, they will ... By allowing this kind of scan, you may be giving Bad Guys access to your personal information. ... Keep passwords separate.

play online pokies