MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limiting Moderator Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have custom moderation tools to "Trash" threads, which moves them to a trash forum. How can I disable the ability to delete threads so all staff are trashing instead. I can't see an option to edit moderator privileges.
You can deny the ability to delete posts in specific forums by editing their moderators. Although you won't be able to do this globally. What you may want is MyPermissions

Use the following to stop moderators from deleting threads/posts:
(2011-10-16, 02:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Can't delete threads
File: moderation.php
Field: action
Value: deletethread (we need four, "do_deletethread", "multideletethreads", "do_multideletethreads", and this one)

Can't delete posts
Value: deleteposts (we need four, "do_deleteposts", "multideleteposts", "do_multideleteposts", and this one)
...but make sure you select your moderator group in the drop down. Wink
(2014-05-08, 04:54 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]You can deny the ability to delete posts in specific forums by editing their moderators. Although you won't be able to do this globally. What you may want is MyPermissions

Use the following to stop moderators from deleting threads/posts:
(2011-10-16, 02:06 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Can't delete threads
Value: deletethread (we need four, "do_deletethread", "multideletethreads", "do_multideletethreads", and this one)

Can't delete posts
Value: deleteposts (we need four, "do_deleteposts", "multideleteposts", "do_multideleteposts", and this one)
...but make sure you select your moderator group in the drop down. Wink

Seems like an appropriate solution but it is quite ridiculous that you cannot edit moderator permissions, that's like basic steps.
You can but that's on a per forum basis. From your post I assumed you wished it to be global to all forums. Wink
Admin CP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> *select forum* -> Moderators -> Add/edit forum moderator
[Image: L2uaagD.png]
(2014-05-08, 05:01 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]You can but that's on a per forum basis. From your post I assumed you wished it to be global to all forums. Wink
Admin CP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> *select forum* -> Moderators -> Add/edit forum moderator
[Image: L2uaagD.png]

Yeah, I mean for my Staff/Moderator groups. It's pretty weird that I can't define specifically what moderator features they can have, instead I can only tick them to be moderators.

Is it possible to request this as an upcoming feature?
Yes in the 1.8 Suggestions and Feedback forum. However soft delete will be implemented in 1.8 so only administrators can fully delete posts. So for deleting threads and posts it's covered but for global moderator permissions: go for it. Wink
(2014-05-08, 05:09 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Yes in the 1.8 Suggestions and Feedback forum. However soft delete will be implemented in 1.8 so only administrators can fully delete posts. So for deleting threads and posts it's covered but for global moderator permissions: go for it. Wink

Thank you Smile