MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://community.mybb.com/thread-153579-...73546.html

Global moderator permissions, no idea why it isn't implemented already.
I think it would be better to move stock tools to custom tools instead, which will have group permission added. Confirmation pages to the custom moderation tools could be handy too.

No sure if everyone agrees with me though.
(2014-05-08, 07:55 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be better to move stock tools to custom tools instead, which will have group permission added. Confirmation pages to the custom moderation tools could be handy too.

Agreed for sure, Omar. MyBB, I've found, that it gives forum administrators the freedom of customisation entirely, it doesn't teach people how to run their own forum (really annoys me when software limits you because they believe you shouldn't be able to do something). That way everything is entirely customisable. I really like that idea, definitely agreed.

Confirmation pages, if you mean something like "Are you sure you wish to do this action" then I think it'd depend on the action. It just slows down time for locking threads or basic options, but for something like permanent deletes it may be necessary. Perhaps it can be a configurable option for each moderator tool.
It may be an option, the reason to add them is because we already show confirmation for deleting threads, as you mentioned, and can't recall if other ones.
Omar, mind you soft delete will allow them to restore the thread if they deleted it by accident.
I like your idea of moving the hard coded ones to the custom moderation as it will unify everything in one place. However I think just a global moderator permissions sub-module in the forum management module would suffice.
(2014-05-08, 07:55 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would be better to move stock tools to custom tools instead, which will have group permission added. Confirmation pages to the custom moderation tools could be handy too.

Did this end up being added into 1.8 / is there any plans to do such?
Not really. Permissions for moderator are to be improved if I recall correctly.