MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: post_buttons icons not displaying
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i run a trading forum called Stage Analysis and have been receiving reports that the icons in the post_buttons row are not displaying as well as the New Reply and New Thread Buttons.

This only happens randomly and occurs in different browsers for different people. For example I've had reports it it happening in Chrome and Safari so far, but until today it hadn't happened to me. As I can view the icons in all browsers with no problems under my normal username. However, I created a new user to test the group promotions feature and for that user all the post_buttons and New Reply and New Thread Buttons are not displaying. See attached screenshot.

Has anyone got a solution to this?

Kind regards

David
Well this is displaying perfectly for me.
Delete cache/cookies & try again
PS this has to be in theme support section.
(2014-05-09, 04:21 PM)VIP3R69 Wrote: [ -> ]Well this is displaying perfectly for me.
Delete cache/cookies & try again
PS this has to be in theme support section.

It's dependent on the user though, as I can login as the user having the problem and they won't display. But if I log out and view as a guest or another member then they work. So as I said it's random and not a browser problem as it works in the same browser if you use a different username.

I've just switched the theme back to the default theme and the post icons were displaying. So it's also a theme specific problem. Any ideas how to solve this?

I have found the solution to the problem. The post icons in the Apart 1 theme were being stored in a language folder within the image folder called 1. And so they weren't displaying because I had selected English British for the user and not English American.

So for anyone else with this theme, you need to either create folders for each language or just copy the buttons back into the image folder called 1 and it then works whatever language your user selects when they register.