MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help - Restricting Users - with Delete function
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey hey,
I need help restricting the function for all the users on the site from deleting threads and posts. I would like to add a huge restriction such as, ability to delete 1 thread every 3 minutes.

Someone got access to a Staff account and deleted 2,000 threads.

I would like to know if it's possible,
Thank you.
one of the plugins on the modsite do that
There might be a plugin, but the only real solution is to pick your staff more carefully.
That's why an undelete function is quite useful. I added it to my forums after my partner deleted accidentally an important thread.
this is one of the featureds in 1.8 +--- u can soft-delete posts and threads allowing u to restoe them later.
The soft-delete function isn't really meant to remedy rogue staff members, there is no real remedy to that other than picking staff members with discretion.
(2014-05-09, 08:58 PM)Prediction Wrote: [ -> ]Hey hey,
I need help restricting the function for all the users on the site from deleting threads and posts. I would like to add a huge restriction such as, ability to delete 1 thread every 3 minutes.

Someone got access to a Staff account and deleted 2,000 threads.

I would like to know if it's possible,
Thank you.

Sorry for off-topic and I don't want to be rude, but... it seems that you have been marked as being denied for support and I'm sure you know why. Undecided