MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logo Top Left Farthest Corner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I honestly didn't feel like explaining what was going on with my logo.

Here's a video:
You can try creating a class in CSS and using absolute positioning. Then wrap the logo in the newly created div class in header template.

I'm sure someone else may have a better or easier solution. It could be something to do with the theme's CSS. Knowing which theme it is may help figure it out.
(2014-05-10, 07:39 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]You can try creating a class in CSS and using absolute positioning. Then wrap the logo in the newly created div class in header template.

I'm sure someone else may have a better or easier solution. It could be something to do with the theme's CSS. Knowing which theme it is may help figure it out.

It's part of the 'Apart' series.
Hmm.. I'm using Apart as well. No problem for me with the logo adjusting properly. Either in full mode on mobile or changing zoom level or resizing window on desktop. Though I haven't tested with a Mac browser.

Did you make any changes to the logo css or anything in header?
(2014-05-10, 07:58 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm.. I'm using Apart as well. No problem for me with the logo adjusting properly. Either in full mode on mobile or changing zoom level or resizing window.

Did you make any changes to the logo css or anything in header?

I did edit the positioning to push it up to the left edge. Could that be the reason?

Because the theme is centered the logo has a gap unless I margin it over further.
If i were still a gambling man, I'd bet it has to do with your change. Revert it to the original and see if the same thing happens.

A little gap is nice. Though if you must have it pushed against the left edge, I'm sure there's some way to do it properly so this doesnt happen.

Revert it first and see if the same behavior happens. Maybe post the code change you made as well so perhaps someone can adjust it to work properly as you want it.
(2014-05-10, 08:04 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]If i were still a gambling man, I'd bet it has to do with your change. Revert it to the original and see if the same thing happens.

A little gap is nice. Though if you must have it pushed against the left edge, I'm sure there's some way to do it properly so this doesnt happen.

Revert it first and see if the same behavior happens. Maybe post the code change you made as well so perhaps someone can adjust it to work properly as you want it.

I can't have a gap, the left hand part of my logo is flat and needs to sit flush on the left border.

I edited my themes global.css files (.logo):
margin-left: -110px;
margin-top: 0px;

I also tried adding this with the same results:
text-align: left;
Hmmm... I'm just going to guess. I'm a bit of a CSS newbie myself... Mainly getting things right via trial and error...

Try

margin-left: auto !important;

Make sure you clear cache from cloudflare and put it in development mode if youre using cloudflare.

And you must hard-refresh to load the new CSS file (hold shift while clicking refresh (firefox/chrome))
(2014-05-10, 08:53 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Hmmm... I'm just going to guess. I'm a bit of a CSS newbie myself... Mainly getting things right via trial and error...

Try

margin-left: auto !important;

Make sure you clear cache from cloudflare and put it in development mode if youre using cloudflare.

And you must hard-refresh to load the new CSS file (hold shift while clicking refresh (firefox/chrome))

Should I apply this to what I already have or should I clear out the position I posted above and apply what you said?
Yes, but I have goofed around a bit trying to accomplish what you're trying to do, but had no luck. There is always some padding (though I use a background as well). Part of the issue may be that the logo is nested within 4 divs.

Sorry man, I can help you no further... Some CSS master may be able to help out.
Pages: 1 2