MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What font and size do you use?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There seems to be a push towards bigger and bigger fonts these days. But many of the most popular sites still sitting at a puny 12px. Of course, size is subjective to the font used... For example, 13px in one font may seem larger than 15px in another due to spacing and letter heights.

We use 13.25px open sans. But considering a move up to 14px. My concern is not wanting to take away too much focus on the ads. Yes, I work very hard on my forum and I like to make profit. So it is a consideration. Of course, the flip side is that if making the content more prevalent than it currently is, in the end more users may be attracted to stay longer and view more pages... It's tough to tell and too many variables to consider or compute.

Don't get me wrong. While I do have quite a few ads on my site. I think they are tastefully placed and blend in well with the forum.

What size & font do you use?
I'm using the font Roboto.

Table size = 14px
Smalltext = 13px
I use Merriwether from googlefonts at 13px with a 1.6 line height. A bit bigger on the headings.