MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyCode changing {$lang->welcome_pms} to 'Messages'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To start, in MyCode I tried just putting {$lang->welcome_pms}, but guess the syntax isn't correct as it's not changing on front end....

I want to change not just this variable, but all variables that contains 'Private Messages' in any language to 'Messages'. The two variables i've found so far are
{$lang->welcome_pms}
&
$l['private_messaging']

Any others? And how to change them with MyCode? Cheers
Did you look in the language files in ACP? I think the strings are in global.php, private.php and usercp (both)
Thanks for this suggestion. I will take that route if I must. I have like 10 languages on my forum.. What I was trying to do was change each variable through MyCode to "Messages".

Example, I see in usercp there is "receive_pms", but what does that equate to variable wise? {$lang->receive_pms} ... is that correct? I mean is that how it shows in the template?

I'm trying to avoid going through every language to make the changes....and/or trying to avoid going through and finding which template every variable is in....

So I thought I could change it via MyCode if I knew what the variables were (eg, {$lang->welcome_pms} changed to "Messages" in MyCode as opposed to 30 or 40 changes via language files or having to hunt through all the templates to find where the variables lie and hard code them.... Is my thinking not correct?
The best way is the language files imo. By the time you have thought of a work around you could have done it. Try opening the language files from the inc/languages folder - in Notepad++ and do a find replace. Save on server.
I know. I'm just always curious. I often spend a lot of time trying to learn about the quicker method, only to end up taking more time in the end but I end up learning more along the way too. I though maybe if someone would have been able to say yea, blah blah variable, blah bloo variable, blah bee variable, boo blo variable and do "this" in MyCode it would have been done in 10 seconds. But that's not the case...

Thanks for the earlier php mentions, that will save some time.