MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rainbow Username style
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1-Upload rainbow.js into your jscripts file in root

2-Go to: Admin control panel> Templates & Style> Templates> your desired template> Ungrouped Templates> headerinclude
add the following code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/rainbow.js"></script>

3-Go to: Admin control panel> Templates & Style> Templates> your desired template> Footer Templates> footer
Insert the following code at the very bottom:
<!-- rainbow text initialize -->
<script type="text/javascript"> 
<!--
rain();
//  End -->
</script>
<!-- rainbow text end -->

4-Open:
Users & Groups > Groups > Your group > Username Style
Replace everything in there with:
<span class="rainbow">{username}</span>

5-Enjoy Wink
This has been something that interested me for a while. However, there has been some bugs/glitches when the user with that color posts a announcement, the username displays weird. Anyway nice tutorial, should help someone around here, and hopefully I can provide a screenshot or a fix to show you what I mean.
(2014-05-11, 04:26 AM)shezen Wrote: [ -> ].
1-Upload rainbow.js into your jscripts file in root

2-Go to: Admin control panel> Templates & Style> Templates> your desired template> Ungrouped Templates> headerinclude
add the following code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/rainbow.js"></script>

3-Go to: Admin control panel> Templates & Style> Templates> your desired template> Footer Templates> footer
Insert the following code at the very bottom:
<!-- rainbow text initialize -->
<script type="text/javascript"> 
<!--
rain();
//  End -->
</script>
<!-- rainbow text end -->

4-Open:
Users & Groups > Groups > Your group > Username Style
Replace everything in there with:
<span class="rainbow">{username}</span>