MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable accounts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a user who asked for their account to be deleted but I know this person will come back, so I'd rather not delete it permanently. Is there a way to disable the account so I can reinstate it later?

Thanks,

C
You could always ban the account and put a moderator's note that it's just a disabled account and then lift the ban later when the user returns and contacts you.
You can create a new usergroup and move the account there while also removing access privileges there, but not necessarily ban the account (thus they wouldn't have a "ban" record tainting the account).
The other remaining option that I've found is "suspending" the account from making new posts. It's not a full ban, and it does, in a way, disable the account. (Admin CP -> Users & Groups -> Users -> Find Users (if the account doesn't show up before) -> Search for and click on the user -> Moderator Options -> Suspend Posts). You can also note the account for other staff to see that it is a disabled account instead of a trouble-making account, if you want.
Thanks, I think I will create a new group. Smile