MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Control Avatar Size in Admin CP / User View?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One of my sites caters to a somewhat unique, some might say eccentric crowd. It's entirely about the art and real science of physiological reshaping of the torso through the use of corsetry. Spanning the period from the mid-1800s with cotton and linen fabrics to modern times with corsets made of things like kevlar, ballistic nylon, and high tensile strength polyester mesh with reinforcement through the use of industrial grade steel bones. These are what is known as "Bespoke" meaning custom corsets and they start at around $500 on average with a backlog of order being typical of the industry the fastest you can get one made is 3 to 6 months and can be longer.

Anyway, the point here is that my people want the profile images to not simply show their faces but clearly identify their faces and torsos. I need the ability to control different size Avatars visible within the Admin CP User viewer (200px), User CP (300px), the Member List (200px), and of course within Posts (120px). I thought I'd found the appropriate place for increasing the size for the Admin CP / User User viewer Avatar but it just gave me more white space without changing the Avatar size.

As you can see below I have the default User setting for Avatar size is set at 200x200 which is what they want for the Membership List and the User view in the Admin CP. The problem for us is with the Admin CP default control is that it changes everywhere to the one size except for the Admin CP which stays at thumbnail size. We need discrete control of default sizes for each area of the board. Not a one size fits all approach.

[Image: avatar-setting.png]

When I tried to increase the size of the Avatar in the Admin CP User view what happens is that the blank space for the Avatar grows to the 200px by 200px I need but the actual avatar remains at the original ACP default size with huge white space around it which you can see immediately following the code I've submitted for your reference.

.user_avatar {
    height: 200px;
    width: 200px;
	background: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    float: left;
    clear: left;
    margin-right: 5px;
    text-align: center;
}

.user_avatar img {
    vertical-align: middle;
}

.user_details {
    float: left;
    margin-left: 5px;
    line-height: 1.7;
}

[Image: wrong-size.png]

Any solutions that include specific direction as to where the code I need to change is located for control of the image sizes would be most appreciated. I'm going to submit the basics idea here to the Plugin Request thread. I'm willing to pay to have this work done so don't be shy make me an offer please.

Our website . . .
Summerland Engineering Society
http://summerlandengineering.org/

Auriel
The avatars in the admin cp are sized using javascript.

You can try the below css

div.user_avatar img {
    height: 200px!important;
    width: 200px!important;
    margin-top: 0px!important;
}

Not tested.
(2014-05-11, 01:11 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The avatars in the admin cp are sized using javascript.

div.user_avatar img {
}

Not tested.

Thank you Leefish. I'll give it a try after I get some sleep. Been up all night working on another project. I'm burnt out.

(2014-05-11, 01:11 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The avatars in the admin cp are sized using javascript.

div.user_avatar img {
}

Not tested.

Leefish,

You snippet of code worked like a charm.

Thank you again