MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Latest News on MyBB Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Would you please tell me, which plugin is being used on mybb forum to show "Latest News" on header?

Thanks in Advance! Smile
Just raw HTML (and a CSS class) in the index template.
Thank you Rymax.

Thank you Jovan J.
I have done according to the documentation. But it can show texts only. How can I add HTML also?
(2014-05-12, 08:25 AM)houque Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Rymax.

Thank you Jovan J.
I have done according to the documentation. But it can show texts only. How can I add HTML also?

Did you add the:
<style type="text/css"> .newsbar { background: #D6ECA6; border-top: 2px solid #8DC93E; border-bottom: 2px solid #8DC93E; text-align: center; margin: 10px auto; padding: 5px 20px; font-weight: bold; } </style>

That is what gives it its style.
(2014-05-12, 09:26 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you add the:
<style type="text/css"> .newsbar { background: #D6ECA6; border-top: 2px solid #8DC93E; border-bottom: 2px solid #8DC93E; text-align: center; margin: 10px auto; padding: 5px 20px; font-weight: bold; } </style>

That is what gives it its style.

Yes, I have added the code, but it shows text only.
Do you mean this forum? http://www.hoxforum.com/ If yes, I can see the HTML and CSS styling. Press CTRL + F5 and/or SHIFT + F5 on your keyboard to reload cache.
Yeah! It working fine now! Smile
Thanks both of you!
This new upgrade totally goofed up my forum! Why cant we have one secure MyBB instead of having to constantly upgrade? Have to delete the one I tried to upgrade and figure how to get the old copy working. Definitely seeking to buy my own forum software. This bites!!
(2014-05-21, 04:30 PM)ClarkNight Wrote: [ -> ]This new upgrade totally goofed up my forum! Why cant we have one secure MyBB instead of having to constantly upgrade? Have to delete the one I tried to upgrade and figure how to get the old copy working. Definitely seeking to buy my own forum software. This bites!!

Firstly, make your own thread.
Secondly, the updates for the 1.6.x branch have mostly been security updates. To upgrade it literally takes 30 minutes tops to upgrade and ensure everything is working. If that's your attitude, stay on a old version and don't get exploits patched.