MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Here is my footer stats and resource usage. what do you think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
here is a screen shot of cpanel. i never top out since i've been on this server. never even any substantial spikes or mentionable averages (you see last 24 hours, highest cpu avg was 6% and highest spike was 30%

Well, my server load (this shot shows .3, but sometimes shows .7) and sql could be considered quite high. -- however, my question is given the serious lack of load in regards to all areas in resource usage on cpanel, should i even care about the relatively high footer stats mybb is showing me?

-- Also, what do you think of the page generation time of .78s. Is that decent?
[Image: tmPKGx4.jpg]
[Image: HDoRJtk.jpg]
(2014-05-12, 09:43 AM)DrXotick Wrote: [ -> ]Also, what do you think of the page generation time of .78s. Is that decent?

Frankly - .78 is decent, but slow. When I was running MyBB I aimed to get page gen below .50. Now that I've migrated to my own code, however, I'm getting this:

[Image: 8JdbJ.png]
Right. It's fluctuating between .3 and .78.

I'm still wondering whether I should be concerned about 100+ queries if my resource usage is so low. I guess not, but would like that confirmed if my thinking is correct in this aspect.
It seems like a LOT of queries to be honest, I think if you reduced those your pageload would be faster.

This is my stats on my showthread (heaviest page by far) and 7 of those queries are member specific. Its significantly faster as a guest.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=31565]
iPodWizard.net Stats Wrote:Generated in 0.1954720 seconds (46.13% PHP / 53.87% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 16 / Global Parsing Time: 0.1389921 / Memory Usage: 12.25 MB
PHP version: 5.3.3 / Server Load: 0.06 / GZip Compression: Enabled

33,966 Threads
412,938 Posts
11,780 Registered Users

52 viewers on the "online" stats, mostly spam bots I'd guess Sad

Though I am using a separate server for the SQL so that's not being added to the server load stat. I also need to redo my config to use CGI PHP rather than module PHP for memory usage reasons. The main web server's on a 512MB RAM VPS.
204 queries = wtf. That's a ridiculous numbers the default MyBB index uses 9...
Haha...

Half of them I believe are due to users online sidebox and FU be yaldaram. The rest are due to I believe huge sideboxes. One of which is 50 threads long and 4 more with 10 threads each.

On a normal non-index thread view (with all latest threads sidebars, but without online users) it shows 50 queries

Yea. disabling FU by yaldaram brings index queries down to 30 (from 150+ on index)
What is FU by Yaldaram? Just so I can avoid it....
fake users... I feel embarrassed to say it out loud. But there it is. haha. I believe it's 2 queries for each user added. I have 30 queries without it. with 25 fake users brings it to 80 (50+30). 60 brings it to 150 (120+30).
Nothing wrong with fake users if you don't go mad, but that number of queries for a set of fake users online is absurd. There must be a better way.
Pages: 1 2