MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal Setup with MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all, i am new to MyBB, and dont know if i am posting it in the correct section...
Now, i want to set up a student portal, which requires the following features:

#1 FIXED Number of users (which will be automatically created from a database, about 2000 users)
Is it possible to auto-create users from database, having them to just have a random initial password for first login, where they change it thereafter?

#2 A multi-level notification system, where who will be notified can be set every time.

#3 A database system, wherein on entering an id no. , the data(grades in this case) will be fetched.

#4 Groups can be created, based on the different divisions of students.

#5 Can i run algorithm based apps, which would take input from user, calculate it along with the data fetched in #3, and give an output?

#6 Can i run scripts/apis to convert assignments to images on upload?

#7 Can registration of new users be removed?

If anyone wants, i can elaborate the points...

I dont know if all this is possible in MyBB, and would be gald to know if MyBB is the correct platform on which i can setup this system.

All Help is Appreciated Smile

PS I dont need SEO.
Most of what you ask for can be done using plugins and some template changes, but it is a big task. You may well need to pay someone to do it for you.
(2014-05-23, 11:10 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Most of what you ask for can be done using plugins and some template changes, but it is a big task. You may well need to pay someone to do it for you.

Thanks for your reply.

I know its a big task, and thats why we have a team for it..right now we are lookimg for available options, and considering MyBB as a good solution.

And as you say most of what i require can be done, i would like to know what cannot be done...if its workable, we would sure like to know....

Thanks again!!