MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some MIME types
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I recently use to work with your application, i'm fully satisfating but i do not understand why MIME type don't contain by default OpenDocument Format (ODT, ODF, ...) or SVG ?
You can add them yourself.

application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.text
application/vnd.oasis.opendocument.formula
image/svg+xml
I haven't seen many people attach ODT or ODF documents to forum postings, so these MIME types aren't included by default. As Nayson said, it's easy enough to add your own.
(2014-05-13, 02:11 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I haven't seen many people attach ODT or ODF documents to forum postings, so these MIME types aren't included by default. As Nayson said, it's easy enough to add your own.

I'm totally with you, but for a Free ( like GPL ) product, i tought i could attach any Open document as simply as a nonfree one Sad

I mean, i use to work with a LUG, but if one day someone try MYBB and can't simply add these files, i would understand confusion he sees one problem in this software.

If MYBB had a github or other dev plateform, i'll enjoy to make any proposal to integrate most of Free format in mybb default mime type Smile.
Hi Maxime, we do have a GitHub page, but before committing any PR please open an thread in the appropriate MyBB 1.8 suggestions forum or an issue in our GitHub repository to discuss this. MyBB 1.6 is featured locked so this would definitely not be added to it but it may in the next major release.

PS: Sorry I didn't included the proper links to those pages but I'm on my phone right now.
This is not a support thread. The option exists in MyBB to add a MIME type. Closing and setting to solved