MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can this forum script be fully customizable and have ads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello I am in the process of finding a free forum script. I am making a gaming forum and about to purchase a hosting domain on GoDaddy but I need some information on mybb. Can I implement custom backgrounds and themes? can I put ads on he forum? Can I make custom icons and ranks? Any usefull information is greatly appreciated! Please wanting to create my forum ASAP!
Yes. You can fully modify, create, and import themes to fit to your needs. You are able to put in ads either via an ad plugin (there are several free ones that work well), or you can add the HTML manually in the theme templates from the admin control panel. Yes, you can make custom ranks, not sure what you mean about icons, but probably.
You can do whatever you want with it as long as you have a link to mybb.com somewhere on your homepage!
Well, the link to MyBB is if you need support. And even with a link some forums are not supported.
I'd think of the link in the footer as a kind of "thank you" for MyBB, it is free after all.
(2014-05-13, 07:16 PM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. You can fully modify, create, and import themes to fit to your needs. You are able to put in ads either via an ad plugin (there are several free ones that work well), or you can add the HTML manually in the theme templates from the admin control panel. Yes, you can make custom ranks, not sure what you mean about icons, but probably.

(2014-05-13, 07:39 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]You can do whatever you want with it as long as you have a link to mybb.com somewhere on your homepage!

(2014-05-13, 08:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the link to MyBB is if you need support. And even with a link some forums are not supported.

(2014-05-14, 09:15 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd think of the link in the footer as a kind of "thank you" for MyBB, it is free after all.

Hey guys a week ago I bought a domain on register.com and today a lady from there called my cell basically trying to persuade me into working with her to get my site running and she would NOT let me go. She kept trying to get my routing number for my bank account saying " shes checking to see if my credit card is active and its not a prepaid card and that I can call back and cancel the over $160 fee. I gave her my routing and account number idiotically and she wanted me to confirm to say my name she wanted me to say my and and that I agree but I did not go any further. I said I have to go and I said nothing else cause I know she just wants to charge my card. Has this happened to any of you guys? This is crazy and silly now I have to go call the number she gave me and try to cancel anything. I am even canceling my account on register and switching to godaddy.