MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How Would I Do This...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, this may get a little complicated so I will try and explain this as best as I can.

The staff page is, let's face it, boring. I want to try and spice it up a little.

Here is a little image of what I want it to look like when finished:

[Image: 2b0470ea0bd4227f7f1375e2e78c93f8.png]

If anyone could help me code it properly, then please do respond as I do not have the first clue on how I would go about doing this.
Just add a simple table inside the template:

<table>
<tr>
<td>
tab 1
</td>
<td>
tab 2
</td>
<td>
tab 3 
</td>
<td>
tab 4
</td>
</tr>
</table>
How would I be able to style the tabs though? I want it to be fluid, almost like a tabbed menu on user profiles, except in a nav bar style which shows the different levels of staff.
How about this:

<div>
<li>
Tab 1
</li>
<li>
Tab 2
</li>
</div>

CSS

li {
    display: inline;
    padding: 20px;
}

You can add more style Smile
I don't think you understand my question. Whatever it is you are telling me isn't tabs, I do not know how to make them into tabs either, that is what I need help with, as well as being able to put the proper staff in the proper tab.
Do you even know how css buttons are created?

They are created using <li> tag or <a> tag
Of course I do, I didn't know how to make them work with jscript though, I have gotten the menu done now by myself though.
I believe that Charisma wants tabs across the top with the different user groups which make up the staff. Clicking on each tab would highlight the tab and display members in that user group.
(2014-05-13, 08:04 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]I believe that Charisma wants tabs across the top with the different user groups which make up the staff. Clicking on each tab would highlight the tab and display members in that user group.

Exactly. I have the tabs in place, but have NO idea what to do now in order to get them to change and how to make the tables.
Not a General Support Issue. Moving to theme support.