MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Quick Reply Box Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After attempting to add the ubb buttons to the quick reply using This
now no one can post in the quick reply
Did you exactly follow all the steps my man? Why don't you ask for support on that website?
Hey thanks for your reply. I'm not a man though. And the reason I posted it here was you were the one that originally helped me get the UBB buttons in as per
the tutorial you wrote
http://letsforum.com/Thread-MyBB-Advance...gin-Needed
But thanks.
Sorry what is your boggle then the tutorial works great I don't post junk stuff here is a prove!

Off-Topic
"If you need help please feel free to join my SEO Forum I will be more than glad to help you with improving MYBB forum Smile"

Is the quick reply showing? What it says or does when you click on post reply? Do the post buttons show or not?
Well after the upgrade, as per your instructions in another post, Just remember that after upgrade you will have to edit showthread.php again. So I did that and everything went south from there. Not only were the UBB buttons not showing in the quick reply, I couldn't even click inside the quick reply and post, and also got a weird application/x-httpd-php showthread.php PHP script text Error which prevented anyone from clicking on a topic in the last post category. I've got a fresh install now and that script error is gone, but I am oh so hesitant to do try that again. I can't afford another screw up. And YES I followed the instructions exactly! You were pretty good at them. Smile
And yes I will be more than happy to join your forum!
Please put back original showthread.php and check if it's working.

Use good PHP editor like Notepad++ or Dreamweaver don't edit php file using notepad!!!!!
I've got a brand new install of the latest version of MyBB. When I did it originally I used notepad and it worked fine. Not sure if I want to try with the new install as things seem to be buggy with my quick reply box as it is. And no I haven't edited anything.
Please try with some other web browser.
I was already one step ahead of you. I have both FF which is my preferred browser and google installed. I tried with google and no love there either.
What is your URL I would like to take a look at it?
Pages: 1 2