MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Compatibility with PHP 5.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just fond out that my host plans make an important change in my server's default configuration that may affect my website. The default
version of PHP employed by their servers will be updated to PHP 5.4 from PHP 5.2 with in a week.

I do not fully understand everything. I am not as tech savvy as I would like and this is the first time this has happened since I took over my site. I know my forum uses MyBB and I have to upgrade from 12 to 13. I am unclear if this even effects me or not. They want me to do a test run first to make sure I am ok, but I want to read it very carefully first.
Huh
You should be fine; MyBB is fully compatible with PHP 5.4.
Sweet. Thank you. Sometimes I get worried for nothing. Still I think I should run the test.
(2014-05-15, 03:55 AM)Negima Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet. Thank you. Sometimes I get worried for nothing. Still I think I should run the test.

I'm guessing you're with Hostgator, at least they also want to upgrade to 5.4. I didn't even bother running any test. If something isn't compatible, the errors will tell me. Smile
(2014-05-15, 04:01 AM)Greg Winston Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-15, 03:55 AM)Negima Wrote: [ -> ]Sweet. Thank you. Sometimes I get worried for nothing. Still I think I should run the test.

I'm guessing you're with Hostgator, at least they also want to upgrade to 5.4. I didn't even bother running any test. If something isn't compatible, the errors will tell me. Smile

Yes. I take it so do you.