MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: When will first public beta come out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
phpBB Team Group already released Beta3 of its 3.1.0 version while you didn't publish the first public beta for myBB 1.8 yet since last august!

Don't you think you should develope faster the beta and soon release it?
Development is publicly view-able via GitHub, you can download MyBB 1.8 but in no way is it a final release or stable.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/tree/feature
I am pretty sure the dev team would like to develop faster - but there needs to be devs with time to do it.

Some useful reading: LINK
You can see here what we want to finish before we release the first beta. It's mainly the jQuery Conversion which was/is a bigger tasks than we initially thought.
Thanks for the link King Louis.

I have to say - development on 1.8 has been woefully slow - that cannot be denied. However, I have been watching the activity on github for quite some time and I see a LOT more activity now.
A question for developers: why you just don't release current github master version of mybb to public? I tested it half of year ago on my localhost and I think it's pretty stable. Of course it's just my "normal" user point of view.
There are still some things broken or unusable due to the JQuery conversion.
For example?
First: the "master version" (I think you mean the master branch) is 1.6 so it should always be stable. 1.8 is located in the feature branch.
About what's broken: click on the link in my last post and you'll see some of the issues we need to fix.
(2014-05-15, 10:22 AM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]You can see here what we want to finish before we release the first beta. It's mainly the jQuery Conversion which was/is a bigger tasks than we initially thought.

I'm just wondering if the jQuery Conversion was something that was a must do for 1.8? I know its too late at this stage but it just seems like a huge task when everything is going to get rewritten for 2.0. Will any of this get used in 2.0 to help save development time?
Pages: 1 2 3