MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running MyBB version 1.6.11.

Getting many MySQL errors, primarily with the mybb_sessions table. Have to go in often (at least daily) and repair that table to clear the error message. Some other tables are messed up on occasion. One thing I found in the phpMyAdmin control panel is the following message......

"Your PHP MySQL library version 5.1.55 differs from your MySQL server version 4.1.14. This may cause unpredictable behavior."

The server has MySQL 5 available. When I try to upgrade to it, I get the following error message....

"We were unable to complete your database upgrade. Internal error: mysqldump: mysqldump: Couldn't execute 'show create table mybb_captcha': Can't open file: 'mybb_captcha.MYI' (errno: 144) (1016)"

Can someone please help me solve this problem or at least point me in the right direction to get it resolved? Is it a problem with the forum or an issue with the server?
Sorry for the delay in replying; do you have a very big forum? Can you provide a forum url?
I would advice you to request support from your hosting company. When they tell you it is an issue with the software push them to the PHPMyAdmin issue and have them fixed.

After that you may get a better response from us.