MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: inc/languages/english/search.lang.php does not exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, could anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong? When one hits 'Search' it says inc/languages/english/search.lang.php does not exist.

I keep trying to transfer inc/languages/english/search.lang.php over and it doesn't stay. When I transfer it over it stays there for a split second and disappears.

My Permissions are:

Languages: 755
English: 755

The only plugins I'm using is 'Board Messages' and 'Google SEO'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

-Mike
I remember a similar topic posted recently, not sure if about the same file (is it unedited MyBB core file?) because I can't find it. There was something inside a language string that blocked it from staying on server. So the best thing you can do is contacting your hosting and asking them what's wrong with the file and why can't it be uploaded.
(2014-05-16, 05:54 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]So the best thing you can do is contacting your hosting and asking them what's wrong with the file and why can't it be uploaded.

Thanks a lot buddy! Was using Filezilla and it kept kicking it out, so I called my host and used theirs and it worked fine. Thanks again!! Big Grin

-Mike
(2014-05-16, 08:43 PM)mikefl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot buddy! Was using Filezilla and it kept kicking it out, so I called my host and used theirs and it worked fine. Thanks again!! Big Grin
-Mike

What do you mean "used theirs" ?

*post a copy of "theirs" here so one can "compare" against the official MyBB release , please.
I think he means he used their cpanel to upload the file.
(2014-05-16, 09:24 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-16, 08:43 PM)mikefl Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot buddy! Was using Filezilla and it kept kicking it out, so I called my host and used theirs and it worked fine. Thanks again!! Big Grin
-Mike

What do you mean "used theirs" ?

*post a copy of "theirs" here so one can "compare" against the official MyBB release , please.

Sorry for the wording, but Destroy666 is correct as I meant their FTP Client as for some reason that particular string wasn't going through with Filezilla.
(2014-05-16, 09:28 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]I think he means he used their cpanel to upload the file.

(2014-05-16, 10:49 PM)mikefl Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the wording, but Destroy666 is correct as I meant their FTP Client as for some reason that particular string wasn't going through with Filezilla.

OK, I was thinking you meant a Softlicious or self-installed copy of MyBBs : inc/languages/english/search.lang.php .

Now I understand .
Hey,

The error is coming up with my site as well. I transferred my site onto a new host (previously the searching worked fine), but the search.lang.php file refused to be transferred over. Whenever I try transforming it on FileZilla, this comes up:

Command: STOR search.lang.php
Response: 150 Accepted data connection
Response: 226-File successfully transferred
Response: 226-0.121 seconds (measured here), 35.75 Kbytes per second
Response: 226 *** MALWARE DETECTED ***

Then it says it's going to passive mode and the file isn't on the FTP anymore. I'm not sure what the string that needs to be edited is, and I tried asking my host, but he's not that familiar with this type of stuff either. I do have access to my site's phpMyAdmin account, so are there any general steps I can follow to install the file there? Or will only installing it through CPanel work? If so, can someone provide me with steps to give to my host, so he can upload the file?

I'm running the latest version of MyBB on my site, so MyBB 1.6.13, not the 1.8 Beta.
First of all, please post your own thread next time, you can link to other threads in it if you need to.

Secondly, we can't know how to upload file in your CPanel more than your hosting does. We don't even know which CPanel it runs.

Thirdly, you can try fixing the file yourself. It may take some time but you will help yourself and other people who have this problem (I can't reproduce it). The solution would be opening that language file in editor such as Notepad++ and removing code line by line (except <?php and ?>). After each removal upload the file and check if the error is gone. If you manage to find the 'malicious' line, please share it.
Hm okay. I thought it would make more sense to write here since this thread isn't that old and it's the same issue, so I wasn't sure if writing a new one would be consider spam, I guess is the best word for it, or not.

I'll see what my host's CPanel is, and if I can't fix it and if the line thing doesn't help, then I'll just make a new topic.

Thanks.