MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Serious Problems with permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to get off datalife Engines and posting all my downloads manually onto myBB. I much prefer this software but I have a very serious issue that I am unable to correct: when I put the link to the software site for the free download I get this message:

You don't have permission to access /newthread.php on this server.

I have tried to change all permissions in the admin.cp and still this does not seem to work ...can anyone give me an idea what to do?

The site currently sits at
http://downloads.thefreeweb.org

Thank you
(2014-05-16, 06:29 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to get off datalife Engines and posting all my downloads manually onto myBB. I much prefer this software but I have a very serious issue that I am unable to correct: when I put the link to the software site for the free download I get this message:

You don't have permission to access /newthread.php on this server.

I have tried to change all permissions in the admin.cp and still this does not seem to work ...can anyone give me an idea what to do?

The site currently sits at
http://downloads.thefreeweb.org

Thank you

I would guess you have not given the correct permissions to the file newthread.php or it's folder change permisions to allow remote connections to access the file or folder
I have already done that... Unfortunatly that did not correct the issue

I just do not know what to do! I got one post on there in over an hour...and now I still cannot continue.. I hope someone can help me...

Now I figured it out...... If there is a / after the address then it does that. I have the forum closed because my main goal is to copy it over. my DLE version is too high to transfer over so now I have to do it post by post all 789 downloads LOL It is worth it though..

This problem is not solved... I wish I knew why.. I have changed the cmod on newthread.php I have replaced it with it with a new version of that page and now since I have not gotten too far I think I will delete the forum and restart. I hope this solves the situation...

Is there a limit as to how many links can be on a post? I am so agravated that I am considering just uninstalling MYBB all together .. I deleted the tables in the database and reuploaded .. and everything just to have this very same problem. I cannot use this for a freeware site I suppose..
Okay my server was the issue with their firewall and they have disabled it all is well now..