MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Templates Search & Replace
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone else experience intermittent problems with the Search & Replace?

It doesn't work half the time, and I have to do things like log off and back on. I'm aware of the blank space that's there by default, I delete it, paste in the code I'm searching for and add in the code I'm going to replace it with. It sometimes takes so many tries just to get it to work. And other times it just won't work at all.
It always works for me, any specific cases or examples you can give?
Yes, I'm using multiple themes, and they have this in the "Index" template of every theme:

{$header}
{$forums}

The "Index" on every one of them has already been modified before, so they're all green, but when I search for that piece of code, to replace with:

{$header}
{$forums}
{$ads}

It keeps telling me it doesn't exist, which isn't possible. So of course in the end I went into every one of them and manually added it in. But the "header" and "forums" codes were clearly there in the exact way in every one of the theme templates.
Kinda of a dumb question, but easily overlooked and still worth asking. Are you searching with or without white spaces? (space, tab, etc.) Search and Replace (for any software) can be extremely picky the more information you provide it. I've actually experienced that problem, not with MyBB, but with desktop applications.

What could be happening is either the templates have white spaces or you're searching with white spaces. Now if you are sure that you are searching for exactly what appears in the templates (with or without white spaces), then I'm at a loss. I've never experienced that problem before. I never used it and didn't know it had it. lol (Silly me, still used to looking in the templates myself).
Without, I'm immediately deleting them each time. Sometimes it works if I constantly log out and log back in again. Or searching & replacing other stuff.

It's so odd and frustrating.
There does seem to be an issue when searching with multiple lines...
Do you want to create an issue? http://community.mybb.com/forum-126.html

Created a ticket: #674