MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown SMTP error with 1.6.13 version
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Friends,

I am having SMTP error Since i moved my site from shared hosting to own Cpanel hosting. Running 1.6.13 (1613) Version. Freshly mybb installed with old database. Since, over a month Getting weird issue with Mybb 1.6.13 version, All New Registerd users Not receiving any Activation Mail to their inbox and which logged in the system mail logs with msg like
[Image: system%20mail%20log.jpg]

My cpanels webmail server is OK and functions perfectly ok. receiving and sending mail using the same email account without any issue outside mybb.
But within MYBB " Mail Setting" i have used same email account with correct SMTP settings, SSL/TLS setting, port 465 but not sending out any mails from my forums to the users.

I have checked thru everything but cudnt resolve the issue even using gmail account. issue still exist.

forum.voiptown.com

39 views and NO ONE TO HELP ? Disheartening Sad

I just chked in support forum with same issue arised by others...its a generic issue with the mybb seems like..
is mybb support team doing anyting to finding the bug that need to fix the error ?

I have fixed it myself.

How to FIX :

Go to your Cpanel , Under Mail Box Find Email Authentication tool > then Disable the DKIM=DISABLE,
Now test with sending mails from Massmail see if it works. If it does then Go back to your Cpanel and DKIM=ENABLE it back.

It should work...Mine did...:-) it was a pain . However, Thnx for Looking at it.
Cheers