MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post Record for the Board Statistics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

when I take a look at the forum stats, I see 2 records:

1.) Today's top poster
2.) Visitor record - Most users online at one time

In the same style, a post record would be nice. Just like the visitor record, I would like to add a sentence to the forum stats like:

"The most posts by a user in one day were 213 on 05-07-2014 by UserABC."

[attachment=31592]

And I don't mean the Top Poster and Top Thread Starter Plugins, because they refresh automatically every day/week/month/runtime. I really mean a fixed, all-time record about the most posts in 1 day, exactly like the visitor record.

A thread record might be possible in just the same way?

Anyway, I would like to add those to my forum stats. Can someone help me with that? Is it even at all possible?^^

Thanks in advance.
Moving to plugin requests
I'll give this a try.

I got a plugin working now.

demo
(2014-05-29, 09:34 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]I'll give this a try.

I got a plugin working now.

demo

1. That is really great. Works for me too.

2. Right now the stat appears on the Board Statistics page (www.myboard.com/stats.php). Is there a way to make the stat show up on the index statistics as well?

Thanks
Open mostposts.php.

On the line below $plugins->add_hook("stat_start", "mostposts_calculate") add this:
$plugins->add_hook("index_start", "mostposts_calculate");

Next go to the index_stats template. Add the following to it:
<br />The most posts by a user in one day was {$userinfo['posttotal']} on {$userinfo['dateline']} by {$userinfo['profilelink']}
Seems to work fine. Awesome

Thank you, I appreciate it. Smile +Rep
(2014-05-29, 08:45 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Open mostposts.php.

On the line below $plugins->add_hook("stat_start", "mostposts_calculate") add this:
$plugins->add_hook("index_start", "mostposts_calculate");

Next go to the index_stats template. Add the following to it:
<br />The most posts by a user in one day was {$userinfo['posttotal']} on {$userinfo['dateline']} by {$userinfo['profilelink']}

Ehm.. sorry to bring this back, but when exactly does the record stat update? Becuase I had a user who broke the record by lots of posts the other day, and it still didnt change the record. :/
It is based off how many posts were done in a day first. You'll need to wait until your stats for that day are calculated.
(2014-07-10, 10:37 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It is based off how many posts were done in a day first. You'll need to wait until your stats for that day are calculated.

Well I tested it again today, the stats for the last day are uptodate in the Admin CP, top poster sidebox and plugin also show the correct amount of posts, but the forum top poster record still hasnt updated.

Shouldnt it update automatically when mybb "switches" to the next day? Can I update it manually?