MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Slack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Slack for communication with my remote team as we work on my company, Arcon.io, and have found it to be really really useful.

Just wanted to post this and see if anyone else is using it. I also wanted to suggest to the MyBB team that they could use it for internal discussion and file sharing. Seems better to do it all in one place rather than over a load of distributed IM systems.

Not to mention the integration features, so it can auto-post in the chat channels when new commits are made, bugs are filed or changed, etc, etc. It has inbound and outbound webhooks too.

My company has a "twitterfeed" channel with a Twitter integration set up to auto post any @mentions of Arcon into the channel for follow up.

It's basically IRC on steroids Big Grin

It was founded by the guy who co-founded Flickr, and it's really good! Did I mention that it's also free?

Slack.com
We are using it internally. It's pretty awesome. Big Grin
(2014-05-19, 09:41 AM)magicstuff Wrote: [ -> ]I also wanted to suggest to the MyBB team that they could use it for internal discussion and file sharing.
Thanks for the suggestion but we already using Slack. Wink
Oh, awesome Big Grin
We also use it at OpenNotion and it is indeed awesome.
How do you add webhooks into mybb?