MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird glow/border around bright text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On my forums there's a weird glow/outline around bright-colored text since switching to this color scheme :/
[Image: c9nJjKU.png]
Can't find any shadow that would explain it in the css files, any idea what's going on/how to fix it?
Global.css find: .reputation_positive and change color.
Well yeah, not using bright colors at all would be one to solve the problem, but there must be a better answer than that =P

my .reputation_positive is very simple:
.reputation_positive {
color: #00FF00;
}

doesn't explain the weird borders on the text Sad it also appears on the red username
What is your URL?
(2014-05-19, 10:35 AM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]What is your URL?

Http://forums.dfojunkie.com

Now that I think about it, font colors in general are behaving weirdly in the post areas. Brown colors turn to light purple, red turns brown.. It almost sounds like the fonts are slightly transparent and mixing with the blue background gifs for some reason :/
I can't see any shadows/borders, just bad looking colors in wrong places. Bright green text simply doesn't match grayish-blue background.
use this one:

.reputation_positive {
color: #008000;
}
with 008000 its the same thing:

[Image: nc5Mfc5.png]

Interestingly there's no glow/borders when I look at either the screenshots or the forums themselves on an android device, but it shows up in iOS safari.

I thought it might be a color clash issue too, but I tested with brown/black backgrounds and the same thing happened.
Try some other browser color:green; looks great from my end!
Thanks for your help! Am just going to scrap those trow bg images and work with something else =)