MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add "return to forum" link to post reply friendly redirect page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks

After posting a reply in MyBB, one is automatically returned to the thread in which their reply is posted.

The friendly redirection page states
"Thank you, your reply has been posted.
You will now be taken to your post."

However, when you post a new thread, the friendly redirection page gives the option of returning to the forum

"Alternatively, return to the forum"

--> I'd like that return to the forum option on the reply redirection page as well as on the new thread page.

--> Replacing the reply friendly redirect page with the new thread redirect page would do just fine.

I posted this request in general support asking how to do this. Marcus123's final suggestion was that I needed a plugin. I am not up to the plugin learning curve.

The OP got 178K views in a week, so I guess I am not the only one who'd like this option. So, if anyone is willing to take this on, I would much appreciate it. If it takes some cash to make it a go, let's talk.

I don't know how hard it would be to do--it seems that replacing one message with another should be copy and paste in the right place. Many and mysterious are the ways of MyBB!

Thank you very much for your time and thought!
Really? No one? The Original Post asking for help to do this is up to 222K views. In 11 days. That's the 9th most viewed page in General Support.

Plugin request: Put a Return to Forum option on the Reply friendly redirection page like the the one one the New Post redirection page.
The number of views isnt actually relevant - many of those views are bots.

Looking in the code for newthread vs newreply the two are not identical, so it isnt a copy paste job.

You have however asked for a plugin and now you can wait to see if anyone takes you up on the request.
(2014-05-23, 06:11 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The number of views isnt actually relevant - many of those views are bots.

Looking in the code for newthread vs newreply the two are not identical, so it isnt a copy paste job.

You have however asked for a plugin and now you can wait to see if anyone takes you up on the request.

Aye aye, Captain. I shall be patient. Thank you for the clarification.