MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Viewing Only Your Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello community,

I just finished creating all the boards on my MyBB forums and I've run into a small problem that I'm not sure how to work around.

Current when you set up the boards, each user group has the permission to View, Post threads, Post replies, and Post polls. When I disable the View permission for a specific user group, they can't see that board at all.

I would like to make it so certain groups can view and board and their own threads they post, but threads posted by other users are invisible. How can I do this?

For example, and what I am trying to do, for the "Player reports" board. All user groups should be able to see this board and post a thread and view their own thread, but not be able to see threads posted by other users. When it comes to the staff, they should be able to view and reply to all threads.
Go to ACP ( Admin Control Panel ) >> Forums & Posts >> Forum management >> ( FORUM YOU WANT TO LIMIT FEATURE IN - I'm choosing forum named 2 GROUPS for the purpose of this instruction )
>> drop down OPTIONS >> select PERMISSION >> ( 1st attached IMAGE here )

click SET CUSTOM PERMISSIONS ( 2nd attached IMAGE here ) ( using REGISTERED GROUP for the purpose of this instruction )

under VIEWING tab, check "CAN VIEW ONLY OWN THREAD" (3rd attached IMAGE here )

under POSTING / RATING tab, check CAN POST THREAD ( 4th IMAGE attached here )

Click SAVE FORUM PERMISSION .. ( then scroll to bottom of page and click SAVE FORUM PERMISSION again ).

[Image: ySUjPVx.jpg]

[Image: J9O5198.jpg]

[Image: bWedrPo.jpg]

[Image: 8EvQ0Al.jpg]
(2014-05-20, 03:21 PM)Vanz Wrote: [ -> ].
Go to ACP ( Admin Control Panel ) >> Forums & Posts >> Forum management >> ( FORUM YOU WANT TO LIMIT FEATURE IN - I'm choosing forum named 2 GROUPS for the purpose of this instruction )
>> drop down OPTIONS >> select PERMISSION >> ( 1st attached IMAGE here )

click SET CUSTOM PERMISSIONS ( 2nd attached IMAGE here ) ( using REGISTERED GROUP for the purpose of this instruction )

under VIEWING tab, check "CAN VIEW ONLY OWN THREAD" (3rd attached IMAGE here )

under POSTING / RATING tab, check CAN POST THREAD ( 4th IMAGE attached here )

Click SAVE FORUM PERMISSION .. ( then scroll to bottom of page and click SAVE FORUM PERMISSION again ).

Thank you very much!