MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to display different logos on selected forums?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi,

I want to specify different images/logos/banners in place of the forum logo on specific forums (or all forums). And no I do not want random logos.

I tried post #9 of this one http://community.mybb.com/thread-49305.html

But it just displays a dead picture link (the php file). Can anyone please help?

Thanks!

For example, I have a default banner which displays on index.php.

But then I have a logo A which I want it to be replacing default banner at forum #1, logo B for forum #3, and so on...
Are your images in the forum root or in the images folder? You need to make sure the path you set to the image is correct.
(2014-05-20, 11:02 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Are your images in the forum root or in the images folder? You need to make sure the path you set to the image is correct.
Thanks for replying.

I set absolute paths to the images. They should be correct. Does the code provided on that thread look correct to you and theoretically should work?
it does - where are you using the code?
(2014-05-20, 03:20 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]it does - where are you using the code?

I saved the code as a php file, and uploaded it to my forum's root directory. I then put the URL to the php file to where my Board Logo is in ACP... does this look correct?

I think I'm not editing the code correctly that's why it's not showing up...

Could you take a look? Words highlighted in yellow are things I changed. I noticed that he has single quotation marks for 'image_for_forum2.jpg', but double quotation marks for "image_for_forum3.jpg"

Which is correct?

I changed "image_for_forum2.jpg", "image_for_forum3.jpg", and "default_forum_logo" to absolute paths to the images.

And I changed case 2's "$image_name" to name A, case 3's "$image_name" to name B, and default's $image_name to name C.
You know, you could just do this with CSS. If you make the forum a background-image in css then you can set the logo per forum like that. Is that an option?
(2014-05-20, 06:50 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You know, you could just do this with CSS. If you make the forum a background-image in css then you can set the logo per forum like that. Is that an option?

I am not sure... it depends on how the outlook looks like?

Currently I treat the logo as 'an image on the top of the forum' and not a 'logo' per se. I show an image relevant to the forum, on top of forum pages. I'm not too fond of seeing the same image on every page, that's why I like seeing a different image on different forums... if this makes sense?

Thanks for looking into this.
Yea. It depends where you want it placed. Can you take a screenshot of where you would like it? A link to the live board is best.
(2014-05-20, 07:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Yea. It depends where you want it placed. Can you take a screenshot of where you would like it? A link to the live board is best.

PM'ed you the URL. Thanks!
ok, totally doable.

You need to edit the forumdisplay template and the index template

open the templates and find the <body> tag (at the top)

make the index body tag into <body class="index">

Make the forumdisplay body tag <body class="forum_{$foruminfo['fid']}">

Then post the contents of your header template here.
Pages: 1 2 3