MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No permission to access /newthread.php
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i have a problem on my forums http://www.altcointalk.de

Sometimes if people try to open a thread, they will get this Error:

[Image: 3pxtnbja.jpg]

But this Error will not come every time!

I had it already 1-2 times that i got this error by my own in my forums, i tried to get known what the problem is.

At the moment where i got the error, i tried to open a Thread with a very long text and an external link.
I tried to open the thread again and deleted the link. But it didn´t worked.
After i deletet a part of the text it worked.

I don´t know why this happened.
There is no text limit and there are also threads with larger texts and more links already.

I hope someone can help me and u understand my english^^
Check the /newthread.php file's CHMOD permissions if they are ok or not.
do i need 777 everywhere or what?
644 is the correct permission level for newthread.php. I think the problem is actually related to the DNS because that maps an url to an IP Address. If it failed, that will give a 404 not found error. Have you recently changed the DNS settings for your website or transferred to a new host?
(2014-05-21, 07:40 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]644 is the correct permission level for newthread.php. I think the problem is actually related to the DNS because that maps an url to an IP Address. If it failed, that will give a 404 not found error. Have you recently changed the DNS settings for your website or transferred to a new host?

Hm no, don´t think so. If i did it, then i don´t know that i did it. Where can i change dns stuff?
Should be in CPanel if your host has that. If they don't have CPanel, ask your host to make sure the DNS settings are correct.
Is the Apache module mod_security enabled on the server?