MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: rearange the order of the Nav Menu in the User CP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd like to move the Miscellaneous menu above the Your Profile menu in the Nav Menu on the UserCP.

I've looked in the templates, but don't see how to rearrange the order.

is this done in the templates or is it a core edit?
It's in the templates. It should be in usercp_nav_misc for the Miscellaneous Menu. The Your Profile menu should be under usercp_nav.
(2014-05-22, 01:00 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]It's in the templates. It should be in usercp_nav_misc for the Miscellaneous Menu. The Your Profile menu should be under usercp_nav.

Yeah you are right about the misc, but the Your Profile menu has a string to pull the data from:

{$usercpmenu}

and I need to change the order of how the string is bringing in the data. But I can't determine if that that string is pulling from a template, If so I can't find it.
Look in /inc/functions_user.php. Do a search for usercp_menu. That should help you.
If you are making edits to core files try the patches plugin. It makes upgrading much easier.
(2014-05-23, 08:39 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]If you are making edits to core files try the patches plugin. It makes upgrading much easier.

Thanks for the advise

I am using it by the way

I just say core edits(when I started the original post ), because more people know what you are talking about than if you say for example

is that edit in the templates or a patches plugin edit? Wink
I am not really sure what you mean; you already see that you can only access that list via the php.

If solved please set to solved.
(2014-05-23, 09:52 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I am not really sure what you mean; you already see that you can only access that list via the php.

If solved please set to solved.

Well yes, technically my question was answered, So I guess this is "Solved"

but I was hoping someone might jump in and actually show me the Edit Big Grin
Replace:
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "usercp_menu_profile", 20);
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "usercp_menu_misc", 30);
with:
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "usercp_menu_misc", 20);
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "usercp_menu_profile", 30);
(2014-05-23, 10:46 AM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Replace:
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "usercp_menu_profile", 20);
$plugins->add_hook("usercp_menu", "usercp_menu_misc", 30);