MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some useful suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi every body,

Here are some useful and necessary suggestions for MyBB 1.8 . I know major changes will take place in MyBB 2.0 but because these suggestions don't contain great and deep changes, they can easily get executed.So please pay attention to them!

1.Important!: Please add "private messages notification" to "Default Thread Subscription Mode" options.

2.I think "[change user]" section in new thread or new reply page & "Thread Subject" text-box in new reply's are totally useless. It would be better to eliminate them.(Also "Post Options" section isn't much useful.)

3. Please add a "recent threads" table to the homepage (which can be set on or off). We have such a thing in MyBB 1.6 ("View New Posts" page) but not in the main page or homepage.This facility is needed and recommended! to be in the home page.

4.Please add a gadget or tool by which users could rise(or up) a thread. (to avoid "up..." or similar junk posts)

5.NEW!: That's unnecessary to have "Send this user an email" , "Send this user a private message" and "Find all posts by this user" buttons under each post. I think having them in user's profiles is adequate.Again it would be better to eliminate them.

More suggestions:

+Please add an ability to define announcement bars (Board Messages).

+Please add the similar thread checker ability (when posting a new thread).

+And finally It will be perfect if you add a simple notification system (sth like MyAlerts but just necessary features!).

Thanks for your time.
1. Agree
2. Agree
3. When you are viewing a forum, the main table already shows all threads sorted by last post date. Why is there a need for a recent threads table above this?
4. IIRC, there is a bump plugin or two. Maybe the MyBB Group could come up with something better in MyBB 2.0, but I doubt it'd be introduced in 1.8
(2014-05-23, 03:39 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]1. Agree
2. Agree
3. When you are viewing a forum, the main table already shows all threads sorted by last post date. Why is there a need for a recent threads table above this?
4. IIRC, there is a bump plugin or two. Maybe the MyBB Group could come up with something better in MyBB 2.0, but I doubt it'd be introduced in 1.8

3.Sorry, Think I didn't explain my mean clearly, I mean newest threads box for home page.

4.Yes we have such a plugin, but this is a communal requirement, I mean in all of the communities this feature is required. Also this feature is something easy to code!
(2014-05-23, 07:40 PM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]3.Sorry, Think I didn't explain my mean clearly, I mean newest threads box for home page.

With this clarified explanation, I think it belongs on the portal and not forum home page.
(2014-05-27, 04:44 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-23, 07:40 PM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]3.Sorry, Think I didn't explain my mean clearly, I mean newest threads box for home page.

With this clarified explanation, I think it belongs on the portal and not forum home page.

You're right, but as you know most of the forums do not use portal page and they need/want this feature in their home-page.