MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge procedure not clear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First let me apologize because I'm probably going to be wasting someones time with these questions.

So I downloaded the merge system file, unzipped it and have a directory named mybb_1607 which contains 3 additional directories, Documentation, merge_1.6.10 and Upload.

I have myBB already installed and running on my local machine at this point in Apache root directory htdocs/FORUMS.

I created a new directory in FORUMS named merge and uploaded the 3 directories mentioned above into it.

So now what? I'm sure this is not how the process was intended but unfortunately I'm at a loss.

Thanks
From what I remember you just need to point your browser to the merge folder and it should load the merge file. So something like yourforum.com/forums/merge/
(2014-05-23, 04:29 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]From what I remember you just need to point your browser to the merge folder and it should load the merge file. So something like yourforum.com/forums/merge/
This is what I get when I navigate to that folder: see attachment
trying clicking on the link that says merge 1.6.10 it should bring you to the files in folder or even start the merge
(2014-05-23, 05:51 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]trying clicking on the link that says merge 1.6.10 it should bring you to the files in folder or even start the merge

I get this
Index of /CARIS FORUMS/merge/merge_1.6.10

Parent Directory
merge/

Then I click on the merge link and I get this

Warning: require_once(C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\CARIS FORUMS\merge\merge_1.6.10/inc/config.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\CARIS FORUMS\merge\merge_1.6.10\merge\index.php on line 54

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\CARIS FORUMS\merge\merge_1.6.10/inc/config.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\CARIS FORUMS\merge\merge_1.6.10\merge\index.php on line 54
It seems like there are 2 merge files. This part \merge\merge_1.6.10\merge\index.php is what makes me think there is a folder inside the merge folder.
(2014-05-23, 05:58 PM)Allan Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like there are 2 merge files. This part \merge\merge_1.6.10\merge\index.php is what makes me think there is a folder inside the merge folder.

Nice! That got me started. We'll see how it goes from here.

Thanks
Sounds great, glad to be of help.