MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signature BUG!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When editing a signature with No action. option selected it still updated the signature!
It is supposed to work that way.

The action is whether to update existing posts to force signature on/off.
The setting below the signature editor is about the visibility of your signature - if "no action" is selected nothing is changed. But the signature itself is always updated (you can't have more than one signature)

Edit: ninja'd
I am saying that all my posts get updated with new signature despite the fact that No action is selected!
(2014-05-23, 02:50 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I am saying that all my posts get updated with new signature despite the fact that No action is selected!

All posts which have signature enabled will display the current signature - not the one user had at the time of posting. That's just the way that MyBB works.
(2014-05-23, 02:50 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]I am saying that all my posts get updated with new signature despite the fact that No action is selected!

Let me try again:

Any time that you click 'Update Signature' you will update your signature (now doesn't that make sense?). The 'No Action' option you are referring to has no effect on that.
OK thanks very much if you say it's cool I have to trust you that know more than me. But I find it very odd that I am playing with my signature and before it is finished I don't want anyone to see it! So 'No Action' option should prevent any signature update but it does update every time I click on 'Update Signature'.
(2014-05-23, 08:21 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]OK thanks very much if you say it's cool I have to trust you that know more than me. But I find it very odd that I am playing with my signature and before it is finished I don't want anyone to see it! So 'No Action' option should prevent any signature update but it does update every time I click on 'Update Signature'.
I see what you're talking about. Just like posting a new reply or new thread has a "Preview" button, you wanted to preview your signature, just like what vBulletin (at least 3.x) did. Changes aren't permanent when "previewing" your signature until you click the "Update" button. So instead of clicking "Update Signature" click on "Preview Signature" to the right. That will let you preview the signature before anyone else and the changes won't show up for everyone else until you click on "Update Signature"
(2014-05-23, 08:42 PM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-05-23, 08:21 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]OK thanks very much if you say it's cool I have to trust you that know more than me. But I find it very odd that I am playing with my signature and before it is finished I don't want anyone to see it! So 'No Action' option should prevent any signature update but it does update every time I click on 'Update Signature'.
I see what you're talking about. Just like posting a new reply or new thread has a "Preview" button, you wanted to preview your signature, just like what vBulletin (at least 3.x) did. Changes aren't permanent when "previewing" your signature until you click the "Update" button. So instead of clicking "Update Signature" click on "Preview Signature" to the right. That will let you preview the signature before anyone else and the changes won't show up for everyone else until you click on "Update Signature"

Exactly my man thanks very much I will do juts that Smile. I think this should be fixed.
(2014-05-23, 08:58 PM)marcus123 Wrote: [ -> ]............ I think this should be fixed.

It isn't broken Marcus. You click update - it updates. Then you have three options: make sig visible, make sig invisible; change nothing from previous setting. But the action of UPDATE still happens.

You could say it was non-intuitive, but it isn't broken
Pages: 1 2