MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple word change.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
powernet Wrote:
Quote:Why would you want to import ban lists and export them and why would you want to ban by port?
More control and can help ban very specific users.
Also, import and export list because you do not have to add ip's and info one by one. Export for simple backups.

You sound like a child. "Give me, buy me, take me."

powernet Wrote:
Quote:You can ban by IP username and email.
I do not see the settings, other then by registered user.

It's there. You just haven't looked in the right places.

I think the IQ of this forum just dropped to below negative.
Quote:FYI There's NOTHING wrong with the way it is.
It is to wordy, and harder understand.

It is a simple fix, that can be changed in seconds.
Simply you can do that
Tikitiki Wrote:You can change it in the Language Manager in the ACP.

powernet Wrote:and looks unprofessional in my opinion.
I disagree with that, MyBB gived you the alot of controls in this software with some easy rules. use your porfessionalty to make it better Smile
Sorry for the confusion.
You know the smiles on the full message system. To add them in by the side of the thread title. It would make sense to have it under the message instead of on the top. Because it would look cleaner.
Users can get past any type of filter no matter WHAT WE DO. It would only stall them a couple of seconds instead of putting a $ sign in the middle or breaking it up into sections.

If you want something really badly go learn PHP and make a plugin for it instead of demanding all these features be in.
This is super easy to fix, I will do if for your guys if you want. Where is the developer packagers, this is open source yes?
I don't like having to make a ton of little fixes every single time.
I am going to continue to close all your threads because you can't just keep demanding we do this stuff. We made a language manager FOR A REASON. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean you have to demand it be changed. Use the language manager to change stuff to suit your needs. thats what it's their for!

gosh.... people these days
Well, you could if you really tried. Also, it would not work putting something in the middle because the way it should work is you don't need to know the entire word. Because you would no longer need to enter the entire word to be exact.

Also, if you want to do it even stronger you could have single letter wild cards.

So, even if you spaced or added other letters it would not get past. Anything that dose would be to obscure to even know what it means.
and with your example instead of going $fuc$k I could go $f$u$c$k$

See how easily I got passed your filter?

... its worthless. I'm not going to argue the point anymore
powernet Wrote:"anonymous, they are invisible..."
They are the same thing!
Invisible is the same as anonymous. It describes it better and simplifies the phrasings. It should be in the full copy by default.

Really? No, it's not the same. It's a totally different word; might be the same in some context, not in this one. They are invisible to users, not to Admins, so in fact they aren't anonymous at all.
Pages: 1 2 3