MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: how do you find that admin control panel?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I log in as admin i just see board with no admin links. If I go to /forum/admin/ I get a page with boxes but no text
This is my problem exactly.

Installed MyBB today.

Tested with Win7, Windows2000. Chrome, FireFox, and IE6 browsers. Same results.

No text in selection frames.

Clicking selection frame pulls up new pages that also have blank frames.

MOD CP works OK
Sounds like you could be missing language files.

Re-upload inc/languages/english/.

If you missed that, you may have also missed other files, so re-upload all the files if you want to be safe.
How would I do that?
MyBB/admin/inc folder did not have a languages directory.

Using my web site control panel and Linux file manager:

Copied /language folder from MyBB/inc/languages to MyBB/admin/inc/languages. No change in function.

Deleted the entire MyBB/admin folder.
Re-installed MyBB/admin folder from zip file distribution. No change in function.

User CP and Mod CP still functioning and displaying everything OK.

It is still possible to navigate to every Admin CP page. Just not much showing.

The home-dashboard page show the numbers for the MyBB Version-PHP Version-MySQL version (1.6.13-5.3.23-MySQL 5.5.34), but no text in the frames beside them.
You upload ./inc/languages to the root folder of your MyBB installation. Example: example.com/mybb then "./mybb" is your forum's root folder. You do not need to upload the languages folder into your Admin CP folder (default ./admin)
./inc/languages/english/admin is where all the Admin CP language files are (for English of course). So check to make sure "./inc/languages/english/admin" and the files inside it exist. You may need to clean your browser's cache as well.

I would also suggest using an FTP (File Transfer Protocol) client. You can use one called FileZilla for free.
Thanks, that worked.

I uploaded another copy of the installation zip file to my website into another directory, unzipped it all, and then copied the entire "english" folder into the MyBB/inc/languages folder.

Refreshed the brower and everything is now there.