MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: email activation problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I cannot get the email activation to send. I have read just about every thread about this and none of the solutions have worked. This is a new install.

The registration method is set to "Send email verification"
I have the mail settings configured to PHP.
I have done the PHP script test. It is working properly (I get this reply "Mail was sent by PHP" and the email showed up in the inbox).
There are no errors in the mail logs.

For some reason I am still not getting the email activations. I have tried making accounts with a few different ISPs just to see if maybe gmail was filtering the email but none of them are getting the email activation.

I even tried switching it to SMTP and just using the outgoing mail server but the emails still didn't show up and no error logs. I changed the password to see if it was even trying to send the emails and the logs showed that the wrong password was used. I would prefer to get it working with the PHP configuration so I switched everything back. I have no clue where to go from here. If it makes a difference, the forgot password emails also do not work. Any ideas?

Thanks.
Check the mail log also in the Admin CP under Tools and Maintenance. It shows every email that was sent from the forum.
(2014-05-27, 05:13 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Check the mail log also in the Admin CP under Tools and Maintenance. It shows every email that was sent from the forum.

I am looking at the administrator logs and there is nothing about mail. It's just a log of every time I changed the settings or added a plugin. There is an entry for the mail log I deleted (when I tried the SMTP settings with the wrong password). Does this mean it's not even trying to send the mail. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks.
If your Mail Log shows nothing, that means it never actually sent the email. As to why it isn't sending, I'm not sure.