MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Localization of custom profile fields
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello !

My forum is multilingual : French - English - German.

Is it possible to localize the custom profile fields ? I'd like to use different texts for the French and German versions.

There's nothing about localization of these fields in the doc (http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Config_Pro...ields.html).

Same question for the User Titles : "Posting Freak" has no meaning in French...

Thanks. Smile
If someone switches to German then all texts should show in German if not you need to edit your language files! I don't understand how what do you want?

Custom field contains whatever someone enters into it despite the language?

Please shed more light on what you need?

If you want to fetch custom fields then you need a simple plugin. If you know what value custom field contains then it's easy to make it work however there is no way to tell what it contains!!!
Hello marcus,

Custom profile fields are described here : http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Config_Pro...ields.html

The default installation adds three fields : sex, location and bio.

They are not translated in the language packs, and I don't know where to add the translations. In inc/languages/french/usercp.php perhaps ? But how should I name the variables ?
Are you saying that you want to rename "sex, location and bio." texts????

If so in the ACP click on User Profile Fields then click on the field you want to edit then change the text.
Op is asking how to change the language. It should change if you install the lang packs. If not translate them too it.
Profile fields do not use language. They use whatever the name of the field is. Usertitles also do not use language.
(2014-05-29, 02:57 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Profile fields do not use language. They use whatever the name of the field is. Usertitles also do not use language.

Hence the OP's request for some way to use language. Such a change would mean core edits, so it probably will be available in 2.0 at the earliest.