MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Word Filters bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi every body,

Using a (HTML)coded word, which is among your word filter list, in a thread subject makes some problems.
Please see the attachment.
What word was replaced? What was the replacement? It looks like you created a filter to replace MyBB with a link to this site. Including HTML in the replacement may cause some issues.
Use this as MyCode, not a Word Filter. MyCodes are not executed in thread titles etc. so that won't create any problem.
Quote:What word was replaced? What was the replacement?
You can find them in the attachment.

Quote: It looks like you created a filter to replace MyBB with a link to this site.
The link is not important,whether the replacement contains a link or not, the problem exists.

Quote:Including HTML in the replacement may cause some issues.
Yes, the HTML code interferes with thread title codes and this makes some problems, Edited: as a solution word filter's HTML codes shouldn't applied on the thread subject.

Quote: Use this as MyCode, not a Word Filter. MyCodes are not executed in thread titles etc. so that won't create any problem.

Yes, my Codes are not executed in thread titles but functions are different, my codes are used in editors, each time for one word or phrase...(optional usage)
But word filters are used to replace some words with other phrases automatically. it means that when you write the filtered word, it automatically (and compulsively) replaces with the target word without using any my code.
I'm not sure whether I understand what you mean - the replacement is correct, "mybb lab" was replaced by your html code. And a word filter should be applied on the thread subject, otherwise it won't make sense.
Quote:I'm not sure whether I understand what you mean - the replacement is correct, "mybb lab" was replaced by your html code.

The HTML codes should not be displayed (as in posts)

Quote:And a word filter should be applied on the thread subject, otherwise it won't make sense.

A word filter's HTML codes shouldn't applied on the thread subject, because it makes some problems.
I don't think HTML is supposed to be used in word filters. If you want to replace something in posts, custom MyCode is more suited for that.
(2014-05-28, 07:27 AM)jvdabz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: Use this as MyCode, not a Word Filter. MyCodes are not executed in thread titles etc. so that won't create any problem.
Yes, my Codes are not executed in thread titles but functions are different, my codes are used in editors, each time for one word or phrase...(optional usage)
But word filters are used to replace some words with other phrases automatically. it means that when you write the filtered word, it automatically (and compulsively) replaces with the target word without using any my code.

What are you even talking about...? Did you at least try it as MyCode, because I don't think so. MyCodes are handled automatically by parser (just like word filters), editor is not connected to them in any way (except the fact that it can insert them more easily).

If you are misusing something and you don't understand the point of MyCodes it doesn't mean it's bugged.
Why not to use HTML? Word filter is a simple tool which can be great for giving some effects to some keywords in your forum, why do you want to limit this tool when you can improve it simply, just with fixing one bug??

Quote: If you want to replace something in posts, custom MyCode is more suited for that.
It can't even be fixed... Thread title is a link, so another link won't work inside it no matter what MyBB developers would do - basic HTML knowledge. Don't know if you read the post above because you may have written your reply then, but please do it and TEST it before posting again. Word filter is for words only, MyCode is also for HTML. It's just as simple as that, not a bug as you try to say all the time even when people tell you something else.