MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forgot password :'(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok so i closed my mybb forum site for some security maintenance and i forgot my password i cant do that "Forgot Password" process because i closed my board.
Dose anyone know how to open your board manually?

also i should tell you i changed my pass word from admin cp
and if people can hack to take your sites passwords, there must be a file in my ftp that contains all the sites passwords? if so can someone tell me?
Huh
Edit you settings table via PHPMyAdmin and change the boardclosed setting to 0
(2014-05-28, 11:31 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Edit you settings table via PHPMyAdmin and change the boardclosed setting to 0
Where is that?
Where is what?

Edit:
Run this script from your forum root, i.e. upload it via FTP to / and then run it from your browser. After that the board should be open.
It will be something you can access from your hosting account. You will need to log into that first. Cpanel is what some hosts use and others use Plesk. CPanel calls it PHPMyAdmin. Plesk calls it something different, can't remember the name offhand.
I've attached a script on my post above that you can use to open your board again.
(2014-05-28, 11:39 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I've attached a script on my post above that you can use to open your board again.
It does not work i get this: http://i.imgur.com/N8Z6brd.png
At the top of the file just after <?php the next line put define("IN_MYBB", 1);
Pirata, you forgot to close the PHP tag in the script.

If you get an error when running the script Pirata attached to his post, open fixboard.php and add
?>
to the end of the file. As well as what DragonExpert said.
It should look something like this:
<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require "./inc/init.php";
$db->update_query('settings', array('value' => 0), 'name=\'boardclosed\'');
rebuild_settings();
echo "Done, try now.";
?>
You're not required to close the PHP tag and you shouldn't get any errors because of that.
http://php.net/basic-syntax.instruction-separation
Quote:The closing tag of a PHP block at the end of a file is optional, and in some cases omitting it is helpful when using include or require, so unwanted whitespace will not occur at the end of files, and you will still be able to add headers to the response later. It is also handy if you use output buffering, and would not like to see added unwanted whitespace at the end of the parts generated by the included files

I forgot the:
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
before the include sorry.