MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Database Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have recently started a forum, but then decided to switch both niche and domain. How would I put my old Database on my new site?

Thank you! Angel
First you'll want to make a backup of your old database. Then you would import your backup to your new site using PHPMyAdmin or a similar tool. You will need to edit /inc/config.php so it has the right settings for your new database. You will also need to edit the bburl and cookie domain settings in the mybb_settings table. This will enable you to get into the Admin CP where you can do the rest of the changes.
(2014-05-29, 08:01 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]First you'll want to make a backup of your old database. Then you would import your backup to your new site using PHPMyAdmin or a similar tool. You will need to edit /inc/config.php so it has the right settings for your new database. You will also need to edit the bburl and cookie domain settings in the mybb_settings table. This will enable you to get into the Admin CP where you can do the rest of the changes.

How or what program do I use to edit that?
In The Admin CP you can make a backup. You can also do this in PHPMyAdmin which is probably in your hosting panel.
(2014-05-29, 12:04 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]In The Admin CP you can make a backup. You can also do this in PHPMyAdmin which is probably in your hosting panel.

Anyway you can help Via Join.me or TeamViewer? or hmu with a picture tutorial?
Can anyone please explain a little more in detail with this?!
Try looking at this tutorial. It describes multiple methods to backup your database.
(2014-05-31, 02:43 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvobHBi4K60

I have a back up. I just need to merge it with my new site.

(2014-05-31, 02:51 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Try looking at this tutorial. It describes multiple methods to backup your database.

I have a back up. I just need to merge it with my new site.